A whole month living in Paris: this is one of the parts of my trip I’m most excited about. I have a beautiful apartment in Belleville, a cool and decidedly hipster-y part of town, and very few plans.
So what am I going to do with all this time? I have a few idées:
- Find my café, the one I go to most mornings for a café créme.
- Walk literally everywhere, all the time, until I can find my way around without even glancing at my phone. Walk even in the rain. Walk especially in the rain.
- Spend my afternoons on a café terrace in the sun, shamelessly people-watching like les vrais parisiennes.
- Read all the things, in all the parks. Read Hemingway in Place des Vosges. Read Proust in the Jardin du Luxembourg. Read Collette in the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont.
- Visit all the tiny museums, and revisit the big ones too.
- Watch all the opera I can afford. 5€ for standing room only for Wagner’s 5 hour long Tristan und Isolde? I’ll give it a go.
- Practice my french so much that waiters will stop handing me the English menu when the first “bonjour!” makes its way out of my mouth.
Big goals for a big month!